How I Stopped Getting In My Own Way + Worksheet!
It’s likely that you have prevented your own success once or maybe thirty times (it's okay...who's counting?) and you didn't even know it. It could be anything from establishing an attainable nutrition regimen to crushing a small fear. I’ve been there…I was full of “what if’s”…what if I didn’t make the right decision, what if my plans didn’t pan out, what if I didn’t even stick to the plan…it was literally never-ending.
I get a little anxious when I think about all of the time I've spent getting in my own way and not putting my best foot forward in all aspects of my life. Don't waste the time I did! Read below for tips on preventing self-sabotage once and for all.
How to get out of your own way:
- Just do it already. Like seriously. What's holding you back? Fear? Money? Time? There will always be a reason why you shouldn't do something but want to know the trick? Just do it. Once you push through the initial insecurities you'll roll right past any obstacles you used to feel anxious about. Trust me on this one.
- But not ALL of it. At least not all at once. If you’re anything like me, you think you’re the next superwoman—like you can literally do anything and everything. As hard as it is for me to say sometimes we can’t—at least not all at once. It took a long time for me to realize that it’s much faster to focus on one thing and move on to the next than try to juggle more at once.
- Stay steady. You can’t only work your ass off 2 or 3 days out of the week and expect great results. Consistency will keep you going and your hard work will help maintain the momentum even on those “off” days.
- Forget about that one time you sucked. Repeat after me: you can’t have success without failure. And together again, you can’t have success without failure. Why is it so hard for us to accept failure? It’s part of the process and we should do our best to expect failure but not let it render your end goal OR day-to-day motivation.
- Build a tribe. They say you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Make sure you surround yourself with people who encourage you, bring out the best in you + most importantly hold you accountable. Join the private Rad Maverix Lifestyle Group to chat with like-minded women!
Are you finally ready to take your life to the next level? Do you need me to remind you how capable you are? Download + complete the worksheet below to take your life to the next level.